Job Description: Flight Dispatcher – Type “B” Dispatch Operation
As a Flight Dispatcher you are responsible for all technical aspects of flight planning. Ensuring that flights are safely and efficiently planned and monitored in accordance with established standards and regulations. This position is located at our head office in Smithers BC.
- 21+ years old, in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Successfully completed Transport Canada Dispatch exams (FDMET, FDOPS)
- Hold a valid Air Operator Radio License
- Must be able to obtain and retain Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Effective and efficient decision making skills
- Willing to work shift work
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exercise and maintain joint responsibility with Pilot in Command for operational control in all matters affecting safety of flights
- Provide flight planning
- Responsible for flight following
- Continuously monitor and assess weather conditions, provide route/weather analysis to Flight and Ground Crew as required
- Maintain effective communication between Flight Crew, Scheduling and Maintenance departments as required
- Irregular operations coordination
- Maintain detailed records
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that resumes for this position are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.