IT System Support Technician – Full Time
Reports to: IT Manager
Central Mountain Air is looking for an energetic, proactive person to join the team in the position of IT System Support Technician. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where every day is different than the one before, you have previous Information Technology training and at least two years related experience, you are organized and able to manage priorities this may be an opportunity you have been looking for.
We provide a supportive, flexible work environment that offers a healthy work-life balance. Team members are covered by an excellent group insurance package which includes extended health benefits. We also have travel benefits for flights regionally, nationally and internationally.
Ideally this position would be based out of our corporate head office in Smithers, BC but will consider remotely from Prince George or Terrace bases. In the case of a remote placement there would be requirements to travel to the head office at regular intervals as required. Our IT System Support Technician will be providing user support for all aspects of computerized systems.
- Providing user support for all aspects of computerized systems including training and troubleshooting problems related to hardware, software; resolving support calls – phone, email and on-site support for local and remote users
- Coordinating the delivery and installation of system upgrades, hardware, software, applications, and licenses
- Consulting with and assisting users to optimize their use of IT tools
- Creating and maintaining user documentation for software applications
- Conducting on site assistance with day to day maintenance and troubleshooting of the IT systems and network, some travel required
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to accommodate hardware and software functions for all departments throughout the company
- Monitor regular backups and IT Disaster Recovery Plans
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma plus a minimum of one year of related Information Technology training and two years of related experience
- Proficient understanding of firewalls and routers
- Relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, or equivalent training and experience is beneficial
- A solid understanding of computer networks, hardware, operating systems, and Microsoft Server/Active Directory networks
- Some understanding of VoIP technology
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and instructions related to computer software, hardware, and peripherals
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Demonstrated effective communication with and support users at all levels of expertise
- Fluent, clear spoken English
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education, experience and skills may be considered
- Clear Criminal Record
- Must be in Canada and legally entitled to work
- Well organized with the ability to work independently
- A positive attitude with the ability to be flexible.
This position requires close attention for reading documentation and data on computer monitors and display terminals. This position also requires physical exertion (e.g. carrying and/or moving heavy items, crawling under desks, and stooping, running network cables).
Interested candidates are invited to email their resume to email@example.com .Be sure to include the position you are applying for in the email subject line.
Central Mountain Air is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment to all persons. Our requirement is that you have the necessary skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player.
Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.