At CMA we are a team that is committed to excellence in safety, service, aircraft maintenance, reliable flight operations, and a travel experience we would expect for ourselves and for our family. We take pride in connecting the communities we serve. CMA has maintenance bases in Smithers, Vancouver, Calgary, and Prince George.
The Maintenance Control Coordinator reports to the Director of Maintenance (PRM) and is part of the Production Department. The Maintenance Control Coordinator is responsible for the safe, efficient, and economical performance of maintenance to the company’s aircraft. This position plans and maintains the schedules and goals of the Production Department, and assists the base engineers, lead hands, and purchaser in organizing the day-to-day planned work activities to meet them.
As a Maintenance Control Coordinator you will be responsible for:
The monitoring, planning, and coordination of all maintenance activities for each aircraft on a continuing bases and providing technical assistance as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning of scheduled maintenance tasks to meet the criteria required by the applicable maintenance programs
- Review all open items such as deferred maintenance and applied tolerances on a daily bases and coordinate the administration of these with Production Officer
- Coordinate with the Operations and Maintenance departments to utilize available ground times to maximize required maintenance activities in regards to technical dispatch
- Coordinate between bases to ensure timely repair of items that require special tooling, expertise, or equipment not available at the base
- Ensure proper coordination of parts and parts shipping to the aircraft while in maintenance
- Ensure all mandatory and regulatory tasks (ADs, Mandatory SBs), are planned and accomplished within the specified time limits
- Provide feedback to the Person Responsible for Maintenance about opportunities to streamline maintenance programs and optimize fleet utilization
- Work within WinAir to create work packages and to ensure effective, accurate, and clearly defined maintenance programs and edit as required
- Assist in maintaining the compliance of the fleet maintenance programs to the regulatory and manufactures standards
- Work with the Purchaser to plan removal of loaner parts, and cores in a cost effective manner
- Assist Purchasing with technical assistance for part applicability and use
- Planning work and schedules with contract companies
- Carry out relevant SMS and quality assurance tasks as delegated by Quality Assurance Manager or Director of Maintenance
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Bring To The Table:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Effective decision maker with sound judgement
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Good computer skills and ability to effectively use excel
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal with strong listening skills
- Effectively builds relationships and promotes team work
- Promotes a culture of safety
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Able to travel as required.
- Must have completed a Transport Canada Approved program in Aviation maintenance or have received equivalent training recognized by Transport Canada
- Must hold a valid AME licence (M1 & M2 preferred) and have a minimum of 3 years experience as AME
- Relevant aircraft type experience preferably on the Dash 8 100/300 but will also accept experience on Beech 1900D and Dornier 328-100 types.
What You’ll Get In Return:
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits package including
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Employee life insurance
- Group RRSP
- Enhancements to vacation time, statutory holidays, and paid sick time
- Airline travel benefits
- Work/Life balance with flexible work environment
- Career advancement opportunities.
Interested candidates are invited to email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .Be sure to include the position you are applying for.
Central Mountain Air is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment to all persons. Our requirement is that you have the necessary skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player.
Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.