Position: Revenue Management & Pricing Specialist
Central Mountain Air is a BC owned and locally operated company celebrating 30 years of service and counting. We are a team committed to excellence in safety, service, aircraft maintenance, reliable flight operations, and a travel experience we would expect for ourselves and for our family.
We are a team of approximately 275 and we take pride in connecting the communities we serve, offering scheduled services connecting communities in BC and Alberta to larger centers and provide charter service throughout Western Canada.
Regional airlines provide a limited number of seats connecting smaller centres to larger airline hubs as well as connecting cities where the aircraft economics, demand and competition are such that CMA can make a profit. Within this context, the revenue management and pricing specialist will produce and use forecasts of future demand to optimize fares during the booking curve up to the flight. This requires in-depth analysis and market strategy to balance supply and demand. Revenue Management is a balance of judgment and science that require decisions that have a high impact on the company’s profitability.
Pricing requires allocating fares into fare classes with price points that are loaded into our distribution systems. The specialist will balance tactical day-to-day changes with longer term market positioning and strategy considerations.
The position offers a rewarding salary package, flight benefits, excellent career progression, and supportive management. The individual will be based in Calgary with the occasional requirement to travel to Smithers. He/she will report to the manager of revenue management.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
As part of the CMA commercial team for a company with aspirations to become the market leader in their space, you’ll apply your knowledge and skills in revenue management to:
- Complete business intelligence performance reporting & pricing research for CMA
- Ensure product and pricing competitiveness in the market place
- Analyze load and yield data to find the optimal mix of how many seats should be sold at each fare class to fill the aircraft and maximizing revenue
- Maintain and update pricing rules
- Manage the design and implementation of sales across the organization; as well, work across and perform commercial functions – channels, marketing communications, and initiatives with partners – as required
- Promo code management
- Be a significant contributor the annual revenue plan.
- Previous revenue or yield management experience within the travel, hotel or airline industry preferred
- Yield management and forecasting experience
- Good judgment on analyzing data for trends and impacts of revenue driver changes
- Disciplined at setting up measurement to assess impact of changes
- Able to work across commercial functions and put together functional pieces of campaigns
- Knowledge of Excel, Infare or similar intelligence data system, and Power BI is an asset
- Degree or diploma in business administration, marketing or a related field required
- Able to make sound business decisions as well as explain actions and results to senior management.
- Flexible hours, which may include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include the position you are applying for in the email subject line. Closing date for applications is February 28, 2020.
Central Mountain Air is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment to all persons. Our requirement is that you have the necessary skills and abilities to do the job and the attitude of a team player.
Central Mountain Air thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.